Four ways to Meditate, even if you’re in a hurry!
Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day. – Deepak Chopra
People who meditate report greater relaxation, reduction in stress, better sleep and generally more of a can-do attitude. There are many different meditation types and tools. Some examples of different meditations are:
- Guided Meditation – this is my favourite, simply hit play and relax whilst listening & being taken on a journey – there are many meditation apps & I’m happy to share them or you can listen to my 2 minute guided meditation here.
- Silent – this can be done anywhere as no one will hear anything; select a peaceful timer for the amount of time you want to spend in silence
- Bells or gongs or music only – hit play and relax with the sounds
- Mindful breathing – again with the peaceful timer – focus on your breath going in your nose and out your mouth, notice the effect your breathing has on your body.
- Start by choosing which meditation you will follow.
- You may choose to sit in nature or simply imagine you are at your favourite relaxation spot.
- Put yourself into a relaxing position; you may be sitting with a straight back or lying comfortably.
- Remember to turn off all notifications, close the door or let people know not to disturb you. You can put up a sign… “back in 20”.
- Finally, set your timer if you are using one, remember to ensure it is a pleasant sound, and if you are using a guided or musical one push play and enjoy!
Try out different Meditations and compare them to find the right one that suits you, any meditation that you like is the perfect meditation. You may also find different meditations suit different needs.
I want to emphasise, there is no right or wrong with meditation. Any amount of time you spend meditating will enrich your life. Aim at starting with 2 minutes per day.
The essential outcome is to make meditation a part of every day, let me know your favourite meditation method. If you would like to know more, join my upcoming Mindset Reset online course, find out more by clicking here