Have you ever said, “I’ll be happy when…”?
I realised I was saying “I’ll be happy when I have 20 clients”
And to be honest, I’m sure you have said it too. Just like a friend the other day who was saying; I’ll be happy when he [her husband] retires.
This is often the start of a reoccurring conversation; a thought habit.
I’ll be happy when …
- I fall in love
- I get a new job
- I get that promotion
- I get that pay rise
- I finish paying off this debt
- I buy a new house
… and maybe even I’ll be happy when the dog stops chewing my shoes.
Did you know; what you have now is the exact “when” you once thought you’d be happy when!
- That home you’re living in, once was what you wanted.
- That free and easy lifestyle with no attachments, was once what you wanted
- That job, ugh, was unbelievably, once what you wanted
Are you realising that saying “I’ll be happy when” isn’t going to change even when
- You fall in love with the soulmate of your dreams, you get that new job, promotion, pay rise and finish paying off the debt and buy a house…
There will always be ANOTHER WHEN!
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you shouldn’t expect happiness, or not to go after what you want. The thing is, there’s no need to wait, happiness is available for you now.
Absolutely, go after and achieve your goals, your dreams your desires, your ideal life.
What I am saying is, chase all the dreams at the same time as **being happy now.**
What that looks like for me is – appreciating each wonderful client I have now, whilst growing to be fully booked. For my friend, it looks like; finding ways to appreciate what’s working about her husband’s job and, booking more holidays.
For you that might look like; finding your way to loving the heck out of what is working in your life
Single and want to be partnered? – love all those times you get to go out on dates and see “who’s out there”
In a job that isn’t stretching you? – love all those times you can do your job blindfolded
Working on the next promotion or pay rise – love all those times you are feeling inspired to step up, to be the impressive person you are
Working on paying off that debt – love each time you change the balance
Now you know, this is isn’t about WHEN – some unknown future date, this is about NOW, it is about loving what is in your life,
Now you have awareness. Awareness is always the first step.
Next time I’ll share some tools so that you can keep going to your next step.
What will you do the next time you catch yourself saying or thinking “I’ll be happy when…”?
When you’re ready here are three ways I can help you…
* Grab a free New Beginnings workbook & planner – click here
* Check out the DIY courses available on the Academy here!
* Are you still waking up in the middle of the night with a nagging sense of worry? Consider booking a consult with me, it’s free and possibly the most important decision you will make this year. Click here to book